MFTSC35 and Pearlescent Paints!!!



This week's MFT sketch challenge is a great one! It features a large square card, which of course, is my favourite!! Heehee!! For this one I inked up a set that I received when I become part of the MFT Design Team, but I hadn't had the opportunity to get it 'dirty' yet. So with Father's Day here, I used Let's Hear it For the Boys and created this card!



I used my Copic markers and Archaic dp by Basic Grey and the cardstock colours are Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie and a bit of Bashful Blue. I stamped a bunch of little golf clubs and gold tees on the Mellow Moss strip, because of course, my Dad is a major golfer! I completed the card by adding the sentiment at the top, some ribbon across the middle and some Basic Grey brads! I'm sure he'll love it when I see him to give it to him!! haha! (We live an hour and a half apart.)

This next card is one I made for a girl at work whose last day is this week. She is a young girl moving on to bigger things and taking a trip to Europe this summer, so I wanted to make her a fun and cute card wishing her well. So I used this Happy Hopper image and the A Muse sentiment.




I coloured the image in with my Copic markers and then remembered that Kim had just sent me a full set of 21 Pearlescent watercolour paints!!! So I painted over the balloons with coordinating paints and the look SO shimmery!! It's difficult to get a good shot with the camera but you get the idea!! And they are SO unbelievably inexpensive!! They are currently in the MFT Store, but be quick and pick a set up before they are all sold out again!!!



Well, I'm off to work all day today, so no stamping for me!! Hope you get to squeeze some inky time in!! Have a great Tuesday!!!

8 comments:

MichelleO said...

Bet your Dad loved the father's day card, really a great "man" card. Love the addition of the golf clubs.

The flying bunny is just adorable, those balloons look great, think I may have to try out some of that glimmer!

HUGS
MichelleO

Renee said...

Wow! Wonderful cards! Love the Fathers day one...I bet your dad loved it!

I love the bunny with the ballons...too cute!

Tara said...

Great cards, love the balloon colours and cute image! xx

tyrymom29 said...

Awesome cards ,,, The colours are Amazing !!

Michelle said...

LOVE the colours on the flowers. You've been busy! Great cards.
Michelle SBS10

Jenna said...

oooo I love love love the watercolors on the balloons. They look awesome!

Diane said...

Wonderful cards Kimmie!!!

Lesly said...

I love the image in your father's day card. Also, I think your coloring in all of your card is phenomenal.
Lesly
SBS10

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...